Why We're The Leading Health & Safety Experts
- Easy to access location
- All our teachers are highly qualified
- Vibrant & friendly atmosphere
- Free onsite parking
- Free Wi-Fi
Need help or advice? We'll call you back!
It is imperative that asbestos is correctly controlled and managed to prevent the possibility of ill health such as mesothelioma, asbestosis and non-malignant pleural disease. Exposure can take several years to cause visible symptoms to become apparent so it is important to act now.
Employees involved in buildings facilities management are at high risk of exposure. Over 500,000 business-related properties across the UK contain asbestos even though the risk is not fully appreciated.
Asbestos becomes a danger when its fibres are carried in the air and inhaled due to disturbance or work on asbestos containing materials.
Asbestos is a tough substance once commonly used in the building industry. A natural insulator, it has excellent fire safety attributes and corrosion prevention properties, however asbestos causes illnesses such as asbestos related lung cancer.
Asbestos was frequently combined with other substances, making it impossible to know if a building product has asbestos or not.
1) Asbestos Management Surveys:
A survey will help to locate materials containing asbestos, which could be disturbed or exposed by planned maintenance or the installation of fresh equipment. Minor disturbance and minor asbestos exposure is required to have a Materials Assessment. The Materials Assessment indicates whether dry materials containing asbestos when uncovered, could issue fibres into the atmosphere. It explains how any materials containing asbestos should be managed and instructs on any preventative steps required.
The survey ensures:
* That no individual is affected by the ongoing existence of materials containing asbestos in the property or apparatus.
* That any materials containing asbestos are in the best condition.
* That it is not accidentally disturbed.
Asbestos identification tasks are performed by competent specialists using approved methods.
2) Asbestos site inspections-
On-site inspections provide a view of how well health and safety is managed when not under the control of senior management at headquarters.
* We can deliver on-site inspections, assess staff and suppliers, provide risk assessments, advise on current laws and implement best practice processes.
* Provide detailed reports on each inspection which notes issues of non-compliance and details appropriate recommendations.
Directions to MNA Group Limited Offices, From M62 Junction 36
Bowkirk Joinery Ltd
Olam Food Ingredients Ltd
Goole Welding Ltd