Why We're The Leading Health & Safety Experts
- Easy to access location
- All our teachers are highly qualified
- Vibrant & friendly atmosphere
- Free onsite parking
- Free Wi-Fi
You've done the hard work finding this service, let us persuade the powers that be!
Face Fit Testing is a legal requirement for anyone who must wear any type of Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) in the workplace. This is to ensure that it is the correct fit and protects against substances potentially hazardous to health.
1. Testing will be charged at £40 per operative.
2. Face fit sessions can be carried out at MNA premises in :-, Goole, East Yorkshire or sessions can be carried out at your site. We will require an indoor room with basic facilities, including to carry out testing, including electric and water.
3. For on-site face fit testing, time and travel is an additional charge which is calculated based on the site location. Please contact us for a quote.
4. Minimum number of operatives required per day is 8: - Bookings of fewer than 8 operatives will be charged at the same rate.
5. Maximum number of operatives to be tested per day: - 15.
6. Operatives will be trained to complete daily mask checks and the correct donning of masks.
7. An introductory toolbox talk will be given on the benefits of face fit testing and respiratory equipment.
8. Upon booking, we require the current mask types and models worn by operatives who are to be tested.
9. Upon booking, we require an inventory of substances and chemicals which operatives come into contact with as part of their work. This is essentials for ensuring the correct mask type and model is sourced and tested.
10. Operatives must bring their current masks to their testing session. Failure to do so will result in the individual/s not being tested.
11. Alternative mask models will be brought for testing purposes for any current operative masks that cannot achieve a pass mark.
12. Operatives must attend their testing session with clean, shaven faces. Failure to do so will result in a failed face fit test.
13. Operatives must refrain from eating, smoking, vaping and drinking 30 minutes prior to testing (water is allowed).
14. It is the responsibility of the company to ensure all booked operatives attend testing and comply with the above terms.
15. Upon completion of the face fit testing, you will be provided with the approved masks make and model for each operative. It is the responsibility of you, the company, for providing new masks to an operative, should their current mask fail the test. We will advise you of where the approved masks can be purchased from.
16. Should operatives not attend their testing session, you will not receive a refund.
17. Payment must be made in full and cleared ? a minimum of 5 working days prior to the testing date.
18. Should you, the company, cancel the testing date, a refund of 50% of the booking cost will be refunded.
Recent research indicates that up to fifty percent of all RPE used does not offer the wearer the level of protection assumed and one of the major reasons is that it simply does not fit! Yet, under the regulations RPE must be correctly selected and this includes, for many types of RPE, a face piece Fit Test conducted by a competent person.
Each employee is individual; a half mask may work for one person and not the other. It is important to provide the best level of protection from any substances in the air that may be hazardous to the health of the individual.
In order to comply with the legal requirements that are in place, it is your responsibility as an employer to ensure any employees who use Respiratory Protective Equipment are face fit tested as health and Safety regulations now require employers to provide evidence of a Face Fit Test for all employees who wear RPE.
We are pleased to be able to offer Quantitative Fact Fit testing, a method which uses a specialist machine that counts particles within the mask and atmosphere. This is then calculated to establish the quantity of particles being leaked into the mask.
Fit Testing is available for all mask types, including full face, half face and disposable masks and we have a full range of masks available for testing purposes
Testing can either be carried out at our headquarters or on client premises. In keeping with legislation, tests are completed by a fully qualified member of the team and involve a series of exercises and fitting instructions designed to check that the mask is suitable for the wearer and their working environment. On successful completion of the tests, a certificate and fit card is issued.
Directions to MNA Group Limited Offices, From M62 Junction 36
Bowkirk Joinery Ltd
Olam Food Ingredients Ltd
Goole Welding Ltd