Why We're The Leading Health & Safety Experts
- Easy to access location
- All our teachers are highly qualified
- Vibrant & friendly atmosphere
- Free onsite parking
- Free Wi-Fi
Need help or advice? We'll call you back!
This practical Safety Harness and Lanyard course is not only essential for users of fall arrest equipment, but is also aimed at their supervisors and managers, business owners and buyers of Personal Protective Equipment.
This practical Safety Harness & Lanyard course is not only essential for users of fall arrest equipment, but is also aimed at their supervisors and managers, business owners and buyers of personal protective equipment (PPE).
This is to ensure that all buyers and users of safety harnesses and lanyards understand which kit they should be purchasing, issuing and using to offer full protection to operatives. It also shows how to properly inspect fall protection/prevention equipment.
The course will cover:
1. Health and safety laws and regulations, understanding your legal duties including The
Work at Height Regulations 2005.
2. The responsibilities of the employer and employee.
3. The different types of harnesses and lanyards, and their practical applications.
4. The importance of issuing and using the right harness and lanyard.
5. How to put on, fit, wear, work in and store the different types of harnesses.
6. The importance of regular safety harness and lanyard inspections, who is responsible for this and how often this must be done.
7. A step-by-step guide of how to inspect safety harness and lanyards.
8. The importance of issuing and using the correct PPE, and a step-by-step guide of how to inspect it.
9. How to collate a safe rescue plan and advise on how to collate method statements that operatives can understand and easily follow.
10. All the above is intermingled with practical delegate sessions
Multiple choice test and certificate.
Compliance with Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 and Working at Height Regulations 2005
Taken from section 17 of Main Terms and Condtions.
17.1 Bookings may be made by telephone, email or via the MNA Consulting (UK) Ltd website. Telephone bookings must be confirmed in writing upon request. Please quote purchase orders where applicable
17.2 Should circumstances mean that you need to transfer to another MNA Consulting course, the following charges will apply, dependent upon notice given:
17.2.1 First transfer, made more than four weeks prior to the course start date- no charge
17.2.2 Two to four weeks’ notice given- 25% of the course fee.
17.2.3 Less than two weeks prior to the course- 50% of the course fee.
17.3 should circumstances mean that you have to cancel your course and are unable to transfer you booking to another date at the time of cancellation the following charges will apply
17.3.1 More than four weeks prior to the course start date- no charge
17.3.2 Two to four weeks prior to the course- 50% of the full course
17.3.3 Less than two weeks prior to the course- Full Fee
17.4 If you do not attend a course, and have not previously informed us, the full course fee remains payable.
17.5 If you arrive late for a course or are absent from any session, we reserve the right to refuse to accept you for training if we feel you will not gain sufficient knowledge or skill in the time remaining. In all such cases, the full course fee remains payable.
17.6 On occasion, unforeseen circumstances may require us to cancel a course. In such circumstances you will be given as much notice as possible and either a free transfer to another course date or a full refund of any paid fees
Directions to MNA Group Limited Offices, From M62 Junction 36
Bowkirk Joinery Ltd
Olam Food Ingredients Ltd
Goole Welding Ltd